Sept 12th Deadline for Pulse Victims Fund Application; Disbursements to begin
Sept 12 Deadline for Pulse Victim’s Fund As Disbursement Set
Equality Florida’s Pulse Victims Fund Now Over $8M
ORLANDO, FL - Equality Florida's fundraising efforts for the victims' families and survivors of the Pulse nightclub shooting have raised over $8 million, the vast majority from a GoFundMe campaign that has drawn nearly 120,000 contributors from across the world; as well as pledges from corporate sponsors and grassroots fundraising efforts locally and globally.
“It is imperative that all victims' families and survivors submit claims form by Monday, September 12. Every penny raised is designated for victims’ families and survivors, including those who escaped injury but not trauma of this brutal attack,” said Nadine Smith, executive director of Equality Florida.
Donations for the Equality Florida Pulse Victims Fund will continue to be accepted until 5pm EDT on Friday, September 23. All donations collected through September 23 will go directly to the survivors and the families of those killed.
Distribution of funds to victims and their families will begin on September 27, 2016 and is being coordinated with the National Center for Victims of Crime and the City of Orlando’s OneOrlando Fund to ensure speed, transparency, and to prevent fraud. The total funds estimated for distribution is now approximately $23M.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM:
- Go to OneOrlando.org/submitclaim
- Download, complete and print the required forms
Once complete, have the form notarized and then mail the printed Claim Form and required documentation to:
National Compassion Fund: OneOrlando Fund
c/o National Center for Victims of Crime
2000 M Street NW, Suite 480
Washington, DC 20036
- National Compassion Fund: OneOrlando Fund
- All Claim Forms must be postmarked by September 12, 2016 to qualify.
Culturally-experienced representatives are available to assist claimants with completing their claim forms at 855-4-VICTIM or by email OneOrlando@ncvc.org.
- September 12, 2016: Deadline for submission of Claim Forms and other required documentation
- September 12 – September 25, 2016: All personal meetings requested with the Fund Administrators completed
- September 12 – September 26, 2016: All claims reviewed by the Fund Administrators for final approval.
- September 23, 2016: All donations to the Fund must be received
- September 27, 2016: Payment Distribution to approved eligible claimants begins on a rolling basis