THE AMERICAN FARM BUREAU'S RURAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP INITIATIVE TEAM IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE FIRST NATIONAL RURAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP CHALLENGE WITH A $15,000 PRIZE. PLEASE READ MORE ABOUT THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY HERE.
About Transylvania County
It does not take long to understand why Rand McNally, The Wall Street Journal and National Geographic Traveler name this as one of America's top ten places to live, work and play. "Transylvania" in Latin means "across the woods." We are also know as the "Land of Waterfalls" with over 250 in the county.
Businesses are drawn to Transylvania for its pure natural resources and access to an industrious, reliable work-force. Companies are geographically close to customers or potential customers on the East Coast and in the Southeast. Companies located in Transylvania County have access to over 50% of the US population within a day's drive.
Transylvania County is the natural choice for your company:
- The highest peaks east of the Rocky Mountains,
- Outstanding access to the Blue Ridge Parkway,
- One hundred thousand acres of public lands,
- Four hundred miles of peerless single track biking trails,
- Over 1,000 miles of gravel forest service roads, and
- Nicknamed "Cycling Capitol of the South" by
Looking Glass Falls in Pisgah National Forest